Sunday, March 1, 2009

#7...We did it.

MM: If all good things must come to an end, how do you explain that this is too? Thanks for humoring us on this blog experiment of 7 posts in 7 days. We have enjoyed hearing from many of you and have even enjoyed racking our brains when we had nothing worthwhile to type.

Great feedback is rolling in on the question posed in #6...please take the time to respond if you have not. It has truly been remarkable to hear of some altering moments in your lives.

This post will be somewhat of a preview for the next blog post of significance that I see coming from me (Matt). By significant, I mean the next post that I actually get to sit down, sip coffee, and think long & hard on. Thus, it may not be the very next post, but it is coming.

I have received a few e-mails that are best summed up by the following summation: Thanks for telling Eliot's story. We are so sorry for you and your family. With that said, can you explain to me how this is glorifying to God in the least bit?

I have asked a particular one of these petitioners if I could post their e-mail to me and my response, as I am sure they are not alone in their question. But I do feel that this may require an extra large cup of coffee (I refuse to learn what a particular store calls their sizes).

We plan on posting at least weekly. But plans are made to be broken.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

7 posts in 7 days. I'm impressed. I anxiously awaited this 7th... Thank you for prevailing. I look forward to the significant post alongside your "venti" cup of coffee. Still debating on whether or not responding to #6 would be a good thing or not... Scary question. Keep on keepin' on.

Anonymous said...

i was excited by your 7/7 because I've been following your blog since seeing Eliot's video a few months ago. 2 ways i'm constantly trying to improve myself: Faith & parenting. You give your own thought and insight into each..not as an expert at either, but it causes me to stop and think. I'm tying to 'point to God' more in my own life..ie when complimented by someone, show that it's not me, it's Him. Prior to giving you Eliot, God gave both you and Ginny the ability to convey your thougths on paper/computer in a way that many of us don't have. You were then able to introduce people to God because in your story of Eliot, you both point to Him for everything. I'm not writing to sing your praises (because from reading your blog, it doesn't take much to realize you don't dig that) I write it to let you know, how your blog glorifies God. Your writing causes me to think of Him more and learn from your experiences and apply that to my life.

Loren said...

I saw 99 Balloons on December 28, 2009. It was a direct answer from God on a question I've been struggling with for a while. My degree is in Special Education - as is my master's - but I'm currently working as a general education teacher. I really don't feel fulfilled in my job. After watching your documentary - I realized I was put on this earth to work with children and parents of kiddos who have disabilities - from chromosomal mishaps to autism to mental retardation - and anything and everything in between. I have even considered going back to school to work as a social worker. I am SOOO amazed by both of you - and your strength in our Father. Your testimony has helped people all over - and it has definitely helped me. I'm glad I found your blog. I look forward to hearing more from the both of you!!

Brian Z. said...

Matt + Ginny,
Entering this very late in the stages of your blog...my apologies.. My family is so humbled by what you have done to honor Eliot. You truly are two amazing parents. Would you have any objections if we attached Eliot's you-tube link to our daughters web-site?

www.amazinggracegolf.com

We have been blessed with our own angel and I thank my stars every day to wake up and hear "Hi Daddy"...

ViolinMama said...

Hey Again!

Ginny and Matt -
Your entries' "attitude and gratitude" won you a blog award!!! :) Check out today's long update and collect it. It's being passed around, and Matt, though you could chuckle at it, the sentiments are there.

Take Care!